Monday, August 17, 2009

Wow...and now Black Petunias

I spent the day touring Garden Centers in the Chicago area, and stopping for a lunch tour of Ball Gardens. Ball Horticulture is one of the World's leading horticuture companies that produces seeds and herbacious plants. Their Gardens are located in West Chicago Illinois.

During our tour we were shown three as of yet un-named petunia varieties. These will be on the market in 2011. The first one's flower was as black of a flower as I've ever seen. The other two were bi-colored. Background was the same black as the straight colored variety. One had a Greenish Bar, and the other had a Raspberry Purple Bar.

We were giving the opportunity to help name these new varieties. I gave my input, but I'm not telling what I said the names should be. These look like their must have flowers for the garden in 2011.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Woah!!! Now those are some really cool colors. I cannot wait to see them on the market and in people's gardens.

Deb said...

Those are awesome! If morning glories weren't so darned invasive down here, I'd grow some.