Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Ferris Wheel's Passion Flowers

Maybe its because I'm totatly pasionate about flowers that I see them everywhere. I had taken my son with me to the beach yesterday and I started playing with my camera. I had heard on photofocus (a podcast that I listen too) that you can play with the zoom on an slr and move it while releasing the shutter. I took this photo of the ferris wheel at Ocean City NJ using this technique. I thought that it resemebled the passion flower.

Passion flowers are vines that are marginally hardy in our area. They do make great hanging baskets or container plants. They will do best if placed in an area of full sun. The flowers are exotic looking and beautiful. They are extremely easy to grow. It is late to get them started for this year, but put them on your list to try to grow next season.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Very cool effect.