Saturday, August 15, 2009

Container Updates Before and After


One of the fun things about container gardening is that its always a work in progress. It's totally different than any other project that you can do at your house. It is constantly changing and transforming into something entirely new. Sometimes you like the transformation, and sometimes you don't.
I've taken pictures of most of my containers a few weeks after I planted them. With all of the time that I've been away to tradeshows and such this year, there hasn't been much photo time at home.
So with camera in hand here is a June shot, and an August shot of my container.
Sunflowers are so short lived, but they do add some dramatic flare. After it put on its three week show, the Sunflower was culled out, and the rest was left to grow.
The Tinytunias in the back stopped blooming completely. The Artist Purple Ageratum on the other hand filled in nicely, and took over for the Sunflower.
Overall, this is not my favorite container. For its August look, I would only give it a B-.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Dave they look so pretty. I should probably do more with containers since I find flower beds too overwhelming for me to care for. Mine end up suffering from serious neglect. The weeding just kills my back. I start out good in the spring, well at least I used to, and by this time it has gotten out of control. I've all but given up.

Would I be right in assuming container gardening is more manageable for the less than enthusiastic gardener?