Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lilies that mean Something

I had mentioned my friend Ed Karlsson last year on one of my posts entitled the Lamium Man. Ed is now teaching a horticulture program at the Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital. The Hort program is helping those with developemental disabilities.

I was excited when he called me this year and said that the students had grown Asiatic Lilies. The students planted the bulbs in late Winter in #1 containers. They planted close to twenty different varieties. To help out the students I purchased several hundred of their lilies. These lilies are available for sale from us now. I had my sister Denise hold one of the lilies up so you could see how large the flowers are on these lilies. The fragrance is outstanding too!







Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

vermontflowerfarm@outlook.com said...

Hello Dave;

I'm enjoying your blog. What do you tell customers when they ask about controlling the lily leaf beetle? It has become a big problem here in Vermont.

The pictures of the astilbes in mass plantings are very nice. We grow over 50 varieties and have started some mass plantings in a new display garden. Over time they will be a real standout!

George Africa
The Vermont Gardener
http://thevermontgardener.blogspot.com
Vermont Flower Farm
http://vermontflowerfarm.com