Friday, June 05, 2009

Finally Got my Garden Planted

I'm a firm believer of the shoemaker's kids have no shoes...Generally my garden is one of the last to get done. I finally took a day and planted the front yard, and did my containers.

The white flowers growing in the front are a new variety of Gardenia 'Frost Proof' that is supposed to be winter hardy. I am a bit skeptical about its hardiness, and I'm testing it out, and will know better by next Spring. This will be a true test, since its in an area that gets afternoon sun, which is a true test for any broad leaf evergreen.

I'll be posting info on my containers and their progress later on.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Dave- Your yard is lovely and I want your house! Very nice to look at and so full of landscape. Very pretty!

Unknown said...

it looks great!! i found your blog from blotanical and am so glad i did..:) thanks for sharing!

Williams Nursery said...

Thanks Cat!
I appreciate the feedback :-)
-Dave

Williams Nursery said...

Thanks Heather! BTW loved checking out your blog...we are in a goat free zone in NJ...but a friend of mine and I have an inside goat joke, so I've been snapping pictures of them all over the country. Quite a few of them are at other garden centers.
-D