Monday, July 13, 2009

Pretty Much PIcasso™

It's been awhile since I've gotten a chance to update the blog. There's been lots of travel, and not much of a chance to be online. I was out on the West Coast visiting other garden centers with Garden Centers of America™. I came home for the fourth, and my son Dakota broke his foot, and then I went to Ohio for the Ohio Florist Association 'Short Course.' (I'm currently at the airport waiting for the plane home.)
The Short Course is one of the few places to see the new annual varieties for next year. One of the first plants I noticed this year was this new Supertunia variety from Proven Winners™.
The variety is called Pretty Much Picasso™. It is a pinkish purple with a striking green edge. Since it is very different from most petunias on the market, I'm thinking that its going to be one of those flowers that is going to be either loved, or hated. Personally I thought it was really cool, and it will have a place in my garden next year.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Danielle Ernest said...

We're so glad that you liked Pretty Much Picasso. 84% of the 800 consumers at Pleasant Views Open House did too. Just a quick comment - it is actually not considered a Supertunia because it has different growing features - much more vigorous and most flowers are borne on the sides of the plant instead of all over like the Supertunia varieties.