Friday, March 20, 2009

The Irony of Spring

Well its official...as of 3 minutes ago (7:44) Spring has started. When I looked out the window, it was snowing like crazy. At least Spring Snows don't last for very long. When I looked out the another window I noticed a jogger running by the house in shorts. Consider the dusting of snow, Winter's final send off. The snow won't be around by this afternoon.

Don't worry about the little snowdrops, the pansies and the crocus in the garden. The snow doesn't make them unhappy. I was just thinking how my snowdrops didn't even get to experience the snow when blooming this year. Snowdrops get their name because they are one of the earliest bulbs to bloom, and often their white flowers appear popping out of the snow. I took this picture in Echo Lake Park on Thursday.

Happy Spring!

 



Posted by Picasa

No comments: