Wednesday, July 02, 2008

It's a Great Evening at Monrovia


Back before I was born, my Grandfather Roy and my father Ed started to carry Monrovia Plants. Both of them we're traveling across the United States looking for something new, and different, but it had to meet their quality standards. They discovered a nursery in Monrovia California called Monrovia Nursery. (it later moved to Azusa).

Roy and Ed, were so impressed with these plants, that they started to bring traincars of them plants back to the east coast. We became Monrovia's first broker East of the Mississippi. I remember meeting Martin Usery, and Harry Rosedale the owners when I was a kid.

Monrovia has gotten quite a bit bigger since then. They now have locations in Georgia, California, North Carolina, Oregon & Ohio, but they are still true to their roots.
They produce quality plants, and they still haven't forgotten about their customers.

We were very fortunate that they sponsored part of our bus tour, and then invited all of us back to their North Carolina Nursery for a barbque dinner.

Show on the left is myself and Elin Dowd current President of Monrovia.

Below that is Bruce and Susie Usrey. (Martin Usrey was his Dad). Susie has developed this incredible botique display that we will have in the future.

I don't remember who took the last picture, but I remember Bruce suggesting that we look like we were singing. Thanks Elin for being a good sport :-)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: