Thursday, December 10, 2009

Changing of the Urns

The overlook at Mindowaskin Park is one of my favorite views in Westfield. Back in May I had planted the urns with water wise plants such as agaves, sedum, and aloes. These plants held up so much better than expected that I didn't replace them with mums like I usually do. The amazing thing was these plants didn't have to be watered once the entire Summer and Fall.

After a few hard freezes the large agave finally started to show some signs of unhappiness, so I decided it was time to replace it with greens. In the center I used these really cool spruce tips. It took me quite a while to locate them, but it gives a really strong vertical element in the container. (We do have them for sale here at thee nursery. They are around $5 each. I added curly willow, red pine, fraser fir, magnolia, holly and a red bow to finish it off.

 



Posted by Picasa

No comments: