Thursday, May 21, 2009

Earth Box Part II


The last Earth Box post was a late night insomniac version of my Earth Box Story...
This one is more serious... I have two earthbox testimonials one from My Dad, and the other from a customer:

I planted these boxes Six Weeks ago, and I can’t believe how well they filled out. My son David, told me they were impressive, but seeing is definitely believing. Wow!
-Ed Williams

And if you don’t believe my Dad, here’s one other testimonial from another of our customers:

My wife and I were first exposed to the EarthBox a few years ago when my uncle bought us one. We were skeptical of his extremely high endorsement until our Earthbox started to produce vegetables. Last year my one tomato plant produced approximately 60 tomatoes.
It's perfect for people who don't have green thumbs and who don't have a lot of room in their backyard. All you need to do is to prepare the EarthBox with the easy to follow instructions, don't let the water reservoir dry out, and try to give the plants as much sunlight as possible.
It saved us a lot of money on produce and herbs last summer and provided us with fresh and delicious tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber, squash, basil and parsley. I highly recommend the Earth Box to anyone considering it.
-David Deramo

So what is an earthbox...its a well engineered container that is perfect for vegetable gardening...part of the secret to its success is to the large water resivoir. When you first put it together you follow the simple directions and you place soil in the corners which cause the water to wick through the box. Once packed you use the supplied dolomitic lime and fertilizer. You then place a cover over the top. (It looks like a shower cap.) What this cover does is hold the heat into the soil which causes quick rooting. Instead of watering the entire box, you water in a single fill tube on the side. You don't have to worry about over watering because there is an overflow. It has casters, so you can move it once planted.

If you don't have a lot of space, this is perfect. Have fun!







No comments: