Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cherry Blossom Festival at Branch Brook Park

One of nature's fireworks show's is at Branch Brook Park in Newark.
This was my fisrt year that I went, and I'm sorry that I missed all of the others. The cherry trees are at their peak this weekend. You owe it to yourself to see them. It may be a bit crowded, but its worth it!

If you don't want to drive, you can do what I did. I took the train to Newark Penn, and then took the short light rail ride to the branch brook park exit. For those that have concerns, the Newark Subway was clean, and safe. When you exit the subway, head to the left of the Tennis Court. Branch Brook Park is huge, but the majority of the cherries are to the right. How many trees? I didn't count them, but they just added several thousand trees to this established collection last year.



No comments: