Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas 101

Earlier this week Fedex picked up the Trees for Troops Trailer. I want to thank again all of the hard work that my staff put into the event. We had 86 trees donated, and then Williams donated 15 more for a total of 101 trees. (Lucy made it 102).

Thanks to friends and extended family for their donations. (Great to hear from you cousin Darren in Va). Thanks to the Westfield Leader, and NJN for the great PR). This has been quite an experience, some heart warming moments, and lots of smiles. (I am still smiling about reading the one card some child wrote and said "I hope you win".

We took a few pictures of the weekend events, and Meryl helped layout this card that we all signed and put inside the truck. We wanted to share what happened here with the troops.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to thank you for giving me an opportunity to express my appreciation to the servicemen and women who give so much to our country every day. My card read "Happy Holidays from New Jersey" I hope it makes its way to a far away destination. Thank you Dave and Williams Nursery! And congratulations on sending over 100 trees that will bring holiday cheer to so many.